2017 Tails of the Painted Cats Gala Dinner & Auction is September 16th, 2017!10-May-2017
Heather Allen, Executive Director – Media Relations
2017 Tails of the Painted Cats Gala Dinner & Auction
September 16, 2017 from 5-9 pm at Pinehurst Country Club
We are pleased to announce details of our Sixth Tails of the Painted Cats Gala Dinner & Auction, which will be held on Saturday, September 16, 2017 from 5-9pm at Pinehurst Country Club.
● This year we will feature 31 Painted Cats
○ We are offering 23 large and medium sized cats in both sitting and standing styles
○ New this year: we are pleased to introduce our new “Mini Cat” series
● Returning this year is our ‘Flat Cats’ paintings and ‘Clay Cats’ pottery; New this year is our ‘Paper Cats’ vintage framed postcard series
● Pawsley - 2017 Raffle Cat
○ Raffle tickets are only $10
○ Purchase your raffle tickets at the shelter or online by Clicking Here
○ The winning ticket will be chosen at the Gala Dinner & Auction on September 16th
● 2017 Painted Cats Summer Tour continues through September 1st
○ Rodeo Market Community Art Center, 3915 West 73rd Avenue, Westminster (Historic Arts District); Show Dates are June 30 – July 27; Gallery Reception is Friday, July 14th from 2:00pm – 6:00pm
○ Lakewood Arts Council, 6731 West Colfax Avenue, Lakewood (Casa Bonita Center); Show Dates are July 30 – September 1; Gallery Reception is Friday, August 4th from 5:00pm-8:00pm
● Painted Cats Summer Tour Stop at Cat Care Society’s Festival of Felines
○ Saturday, July 29th from 11:00am – 2:00pm at the Cat Care Society shelter
○ New this year, Painted Cat themed craft items for sale in Meow Mart
○ Meow Mart will be fully stocked with all of your feline friends favorite toys, beds and supplies
○ New this year, craft stations for children to make cat toys, cat beds and flower pots for cat grass
● Bidding For Good Online Auction
○ New this year, we are offering online bidding for all Painted Cats, Flat Cats, Clay Cats and Paper Cats
○ Online bidding will be available from May 13th – September 13th; if you are unable to attend the Gala Dinner please be sure to set your maximum bids online by Sept 13th and we will serve as your proxy bidder during the event.
○ Please Click Here
to sign up and start bidding!
● Gala Dinner & Auction
○ Tickets are available for purchase at the shelter or online by Clicking Here
○ Our Master of Ceremonies will be Channel 2 News Anchor (and life-long cat lover) Ernie Bjorkman
○ Returning for the fourth year is Denver's 'Auctioneer Extraordinaire' Doug Tisdale to run our Live Auction
○ We will feature 7 cats in the live auction; Iris Princess, True Wild One, Golden Age of Hollywood, The Naked Cat, Frenchie, Puss in Boots, and BoHo the Hobo
○ New this year, our Wine Cats Silent Auction where we will feature a trip to Napa Valley, a trip to Sonoma and 20 individual bottles of wine. The trips are valued at approximately $4,000 each and the wine is valued at $50-$450 each!
○ Returning this year, our Heads or Tails game with a cash prize of $500
○ Returning this year is our paddle raiser and shelter cat donation cards
Cat Care Society is growing and expanding like never before. With your generous support, 2017 Tails of the Painted Cats will be our most successful yet; and all proceeds from the Gala Dinner & Auction will help CCS continue to grow and develop as we rescue, medically treat and adopt many more felines in need.
As always, we thank you, our dedicated and valued supporters for your continued generosity to our cats and our mission.