- Common plants and medications toxic to cats.
- Household items that are potentially dangerous.
- What to do if you think your cat has gotten into something potentially dangerous.
Cat Care Society Blog
- How to recognize common cat communication and behavior.
- How to read cat mood clues.
- The possible meanings of vocalizations.
- How to decipher feline body language.
January Seminar: Building a Better Bond with Your Kitty, Written by Sierra M. Koester, Cat Care Society Volunteer
Please join us on Sunday January 18 for our first Feasting for Felines event in 2015!
Where: Trattoria Stella: 3201 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, 80206.
When: Sunday January 18, 2015 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Trattoria Stella will donate 10% of each dinner check to Cat Care Society.
You can view the menu here.
This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy some delicious Italian food and help the kitties. We hope to see you there!
- Santa Paws (played by Dave Genco).
- Baked goods for purchase – best sellers include homemade candies, cookies, bar cookies, and pies; home-canned items such as pickles’ james and jellies; boxed cupcakes; Bundt cakes and other cakes that can be wrapped without destroying frosting; spiced nuts and fudge.
- Free refreshments, including popcorn sweets, and our Famous Cathouse Punch.
- Meow Mart at its best.
- Hand-crafted items for sale.
- Jingle Cats.
- Jackie Green, face painter, back for a second year on Saturday only, starting at 11 (first come, first served).
- A raffle/drawing for great gift items.
Master of Ceremonies Ed Greene, said: "Diane, excuse me, we have a bit of a surprise for you right now and the first order of business is presenting you with these flowers. The board and the Painted Cats committee have asked me to publicly thank you for everything you do as president and CEO of the Cat Care Society. You’ve taken on a long list of tasks, and you’ve led the Cat Care Society so effectively, during this time of turnaround for the organization. You’ve not only put a development department in place and led a new effort to attract major donors; you’ve personally seen to it that the weekly e-newsletter and Cat Care Quarterly go out in a timely manner….and more recently you’ve led the re-design of the entire website… And all of this on top of holding down a demanding, full time day job! We want you to know you’re very much appreciated for all you do. Please, everyone, could you give Diane Stoner the full round of applause she deserves!"
Link for more information about Diane Stoner
Selections range from a 1985 Chateau L’ Evangile French Red valued at $386 to a 2012 Rombauer Chardonnay valued at $40. You can peruse the list here (click on the photo for a larger image).
The Tower always sells out quickly. Remember to come early (doors open at 5 p.m.) so you don't miss out.
You can register for the Gala Dinner & Art Auction at:http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e97ar39c4d110352&llr=mvjdg9fab
July 31-Aug 10: the Amazing Clicker-Trained Acro-Cats are back in Denver raising funds for Cat Care Society
Visit: www.circuscats.com orhttp://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/69429 - these are clicker-trained cats.
The one-hour show features over a dozen fabulous felines (former orphans, rescues, and strays) walking tightropes, pushing carts, skateboarding, jumping through hoops, ringing bells, balancing on balls and turning on lights. Alley, our newest addition to the troupe, will be sure to delight and amaze you with her energy and ability. But wait there’s more! Tuna, the star of the show, is the leader of the ONLY CAT BAND IN EXISTENCE – the Rock Cats. With Oz on guitar, Dakota on drums, Nue on keyboards, and Sookie on chimes - Tuna (who plays cowbell) and her band really steal the show with their own style of original music. There is even a chicken, Cluck Norris, on cymbal and tambourine!
Samantha Martin, Chief Executive Human (or CEH for short) for the Amazing Acro-Cats, challenges the idea that “cats can’t be trained.” Tuna and the gang are real house cats who have learned all their skills through something called clicker training. The shows include a demonstration of a cat learning some basic tricks using this method that focuses on positive reinforcement only. Although she has studied and worked with many species, today Martin’s primary focus is on cats. Training builds richer and more meaningful relationships between animals and humans and it can save time and lives in emergencies. A lifelong fascination and unique bond with animals motivated Martin to study and earn her degree in animal husbandry and behavioral sciences.
As in past year's when the Acro-Cats came to Denver, a portion of ticket sales will be donated to Cat Care Society based out of Lakewood, CO -http://www.catcaresociety.org!. Martin advocates adoption from these types of organizations. Over the past four years, Martin has also purr-sonally found homes for over 140 cats and kittens and continues to take fosters on the road and help them find their furr-ever homes.
Link for more information: http://www.circuscats.com
Performance dates and times:
July 31st and August 1st 8pm
August 2nd 5 and 8pm
August 3rd 2 and 5pm
August 7th and 8th 8pm
August 9th 5 and 8pm
August 10th 2 and 5pm
Acro-Cats media contacts:
Press Agent: Polly Smith
Join them and CCS volunteers to celebrate Colorado Cats to the fullest.
* Dozens of vendors selling food and cool cat-related merchandise
* 'Colorado Cats Count' T-shirts, car magnets and more!
* Cat clicker-training demonstrations
* Chats about cats from health and behavior experts
* Fun photo opportunities
Link for complete information
- Santa Paws is Coming to Town
- What Food Makes My Cat Have Diarrhea?
- September Feasting for Felines at Jose O'Shea's
- Improvements Continue in The Cat Clinic
- What is FeLV?
- Join Us at the Festival of Felines on Saturday, August 27
- Rocky and Rigby's Crowdfund is Off to an Amazing Start
- The Reality of FIV
- Heather Allen Named Executive Director of Cat Care Society
- Cat Care Society's Nine Lives Programs: The Financial Backbone of the Society
- 9News Petline9 (2)
- Administration (1)
- Adoptable Cats (61)
- Adoption Special (23)
- Alumni Story (12)
- Appreciation (2)
- Artist Call for Entries (1)
- Board of Directors (2)
- Cat Guardianship (1)
- cat health (3)
- Cat Safety (3)
- Cats and 4th of July (1)
- Cats and Fireworks (1)
- click trained cats (2)
- Colorado Gives Day (1)
- Combined Federal Campaign (1)
- Community Shares (1)
- Easter (1)
- Endowment (2)
- event (40)
- Face Painting (5)
- Family Event (15)
- Feasting For Felines (16)
- Festival (16)
- Forever Home (63)
- Foster Care Program (1)
- Fundraising (54)
- Gala Dinner & Auction (19)
- Giving Club (1)
- Habicat (1)
- Happy Tails (11)
- Help Cats (13)
- Home Safety (1)
- Job Opening (1)
- Kitten Fostering (1)
- Kittens (3)
- Legacy Society (1)
- LoveAnimals.org (2)
- News Announcement (2)
- Opt To Adopt Column (37)
- Ornament Drive (5)
- Partners For Pets (1)
- Pet Adoption (61)
- Recurring Giving (1)
- Restaurant Fundraiser (6)
- Santa Paws Festival (2)
- School Tours (1)
- Seminars for Cat People (15)
- Senior Cats (27)
- Shop And Benefit CCS (1)
- Tails of the Painted Cats (37)
- Ticket Reservations (16)
- Tours (3)
- Unique Pet Holiday (3)
- Volunteer Event (1)
- Volunteers (5)
- Wakko Fundraiser (1)
- Wish List (1)