VolunteerVolunteers are a welcome and essential part of Cat Care Society. There are volunteer opportunities in many facets of the organization.
Some things you should know:
- You must be at least 16 years of age. There is no Junior Program at this time (See Other Ways to Help).
- We DO NOT accept applicants seeking to fulfill community or school service obligations.
What do I need to do?
- Please submit a completed volunteer application form (pdf format - requires Adobe Acrobat Reader). Email the form to Amy Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request an application by mail, please call Amy Martin at 303-239-9680, Ext 34.
- You will be required to attend a New Volunteer Orientation (see dates on our events calendar) prior to being assigned. A listing of current job openings will be provided to you at that time.
- If your schedule, interests and abilities coincide with current job openings, you will be contacted for an interview.
A Sample of volunteer jobs
- Administrative assistance
- Foster care for cats and kittens
- Helping at fundraising events
- Visiting nursing homes with shelter cats
- Assist with adoptions
- Feeding the cats & scooping boxes
Our 2019 Dates are: Jan 12, Feb 9, Mar 9, April 13, Aug 17, Oct 12, and Nov 9.
All meetings are held at the shelter (lower level) from 10:30am-Noon (See Directions to the Shelter).
Other Ways To Help
Cat Care Society will sign paperwork verifying volunteer hours completed for students who achieve the following tasks:
- Hold an aluminum can drive, and bring cans or recycle dollars to the shelter.
- Organize and stage a bake sale and bring dollars to the shelter.
- Organize a cat food drive or party and bring to shelter.
- Distribute flyers and/or posters for shelter events to local businesses.