Volunteers are a welcome and essential part of Cat Care Society. There are volunteer opportunities in many facets of the organization.
Some things you should know:
- You must be at least 16 years of age. There is no Junior Program at this time (See Other Ways to Help).
- We do not accept applicants seeking to fulfill community or school service obligations.
What do I need to do?
- Please submit a completed volunteer application form (pdf format - requires Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- To request an application by mail, please call Jane Dorsey at 303-239-9680, Ext 16.
- You will be required to attend a New Volunteer Orientation (see dates below) prior to being assigned. A listing of current job openings will be provided to you at that time.
- If your schedule, interests and abilities coincide with current job openings, you will be contacted for an interview.
A Sample of volunteer jobs
- Administrative assistance
- Foster care for cats and kittens
- Helping at fundraising events
- Visiting nursing homes with shelter cats
- Assist with adoptions
- Feeding the cats & scooping boxes
See the Events page for dates. All meetings are held at the shelter (lower level) from 12:30-2:30 pm (See Directions to the Shelter).
Other Ways To Help
Cat Care Society will sign paperwork verifying volunteer hours completed for students who achieve the following tasks:
- Hold an aluminum can drive, and bring cans or recycle dollars to the shelter.
- Organize and stage a bake sale and bring dollars to the shelter.
- Organize a cat food drive or party and bring to shelter.
- Distribute flyers and/or posters for shelter events to local businesses.
Fill out a volunteer application form!
Cat Care Society is a private, nonprofit cat shelter. We spend over $350 per cat during its stay with us. We respect the privacy of our donors and we do not sell or exchange our mailing list with anyone.